Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier
Dover – The Delaware State Police are now accepting applications for the position of Cadet Trooper.
The Cadet Trooper’s primary duties include the enforcement of handicap parking and fire lane violations, however they are also used in various administrative duties such as traffic control at large events and foot patrol at the State Fair. The Cadets will complete 40 hours of mandatory classroom instruction and will be assigned to various troops throughout the state. Since the program began in 1998, the Delaware State Police have hired 69 Cadet Troopers. 21 of those cadets have been hired as Delaware State Troopers.
Minimum Qualifications to become a cadet includes:
- Education- Candidates must be a Delaware resident and currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college in the state of Delaware (full-time or part-time)
- Age- Candidates must be between the ages of 18-21
- Citizenship- Candidates must be a citizen of the United States
- Driver’s License- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license
Selection Process includes:
- A formal State of Delaware application
- An Oral Board Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- A Background Check
An online application can be found by clicking on the following link: www.becomeatrooper.com. Once at that page, scroll halfway down the page and click on Important Documents. The Cadet Application will be found on that page. The deadline for receiving the applications is Saturday October 1, 2016 Completed applications should be mailed to: Delaware State Police – Recruiting Office, P.O. Box 430, Dover, DE 19903. Any questions should be directed to the Delaware State Police Recruiting Office at 302-739-5980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Released: 083016 1125